"Today I welcome James Schreiber author and owner of the website eCandida.com which is dedicated to all the sufferers of Candida. What is Candida? If you are one of those wondering this questions then here is an article by James that would help you understand. Well if you have more doubts then do not forget to visit his website eCandida.com."
Candida infection is one of the most overlooked conditions worldwide. With chronic symptoms such as low energy and digestive problems, it can affect one’s health and well-being for many years without them even knowing it.
In this article we’ll take a brief look at its symptoms, causes and effective treatment options.
Symptoms Of Candida Infection
Candida infection is caused by a bacterial imbalance in the body. One of those bacterial bugs called Candida albicans may grow out of control and wreak havoc in your body. Here are some symptoms linked to Candida overgrowth:
- continual fatigue more noticeable after eating meals that are high in sugar
- sugar cravings
- unexplainable problems with digestion - bloating, constipation, diarrhea
- poor memory, brain fog, mood swings
- mucous congestion, flu-like symptoms
- vaginal yeast infections, penile yeast infections
If you suffer from some of the symptoms listed above and your doctor can't explain them, then there's a good chance that you may have Candida infection.
Causes Of Candida Infection
There are many factors that can trigger the onset of Candida infection. Usually, it's something that destroys the balance between the friendly microflora and pathogens in the gut. Some of the risk factors associated with Candida infection are listed bellow:
- antibiotics - antibiotics destroy both bad and healthful bacteria in the gut, while leaving C. albicans intact
- lowered immunity - a strong immune system is essential in order to eradicate invaders such as Candida
- poor nutrition - consuming sugary foods and beverages (including alcohol) promotes Candida infection because Candida albicans thrives on carbohydrates
Other common risk factors for developing candidiasis include steroid drugs, birth control pills, lack of rest and stress.
Candida Infection - Treatment Overview
In order to tame the Candida beast, one needs to deal with candidiasis from within. This usually includes replenishing the beneficial intestinal flora by taking probiotics (such as Lactobacillus acidophilus) and eliminating the excess yeast in the body with anti-fungals drugs. It is also advised to stay on a healthy diet and cut out your sugar intake for a certain amount of time to improve the recover process. Learn how to get rid of candida and take charge of your well-being.
Posted by Sudeep
More Read on This Topic
The Candida Albican Yeast Free Cookbook