"Here is a post that might help you with your New year Resolution A post that incorporates both the practical and monetary aspect of getting in to shape especially during hard financial times likes today. Gunter Jameson our guest post blogger brings today an Interesting topic of getting into shape on a Budget".
When you look good, you feel good about yourself; you have more self-confidence and feel like you can take on anything. Everyone wants to feel that way, but not everyone can afford a gym membership—much less a personal trainer. And what about expensive home exercise machines? Forget it. Although all that stuff is nice, you don’t need it to get in shape. Spinning classes at your local gym might help motivate you to work out, but you can get in shape yourself, if you are determined and have the right attitude. Getting in shape doesn’t have to be expensive. Here are some ways you can get in shape without spending big bucks:
- Run: Running is one of the very best ways to lose weight fast and keep it off, and it doesn’t cost you a cent. You can run around your neighborhood or on local trails. You can even use free websites like MapMyRun.com and DailyMile.com to map and measure running routes and track your progress over time. You might need some running shoes if you don’t already have some, but most $40 pairs are just a good as $120 running shoes.
- Buy equipment at a second-hand store: When was the last time you were at a second-hand or goodwill store? Have you seen all the exercise equipment people get rid of? There’s tons of it, and it’s all really cheap. From large exercise machines to hand weights, get it used at your local second-hand store.
- Use household items: If you don’t want to buy weights, you can make some yourself using cans of food for hand weights or jugs of water for heavier weights. You can even use these tips for creating your own weights at home using sand, cans, tennis balls, and more.
- Play or organize community sports: City or community sports leagues are usually pretty inexpensive and you can meet new people and make friends by joining. Or you can organize your own regular sports games with a group of friends or families. Playing all-ages kickball with a bunch of families on your block can be just as fun as hitting a few balls around at the baseball diamond with a league.
- Get free info online: Stop subscribing to fitness magazines and buying expensive shakes and diet programs. You can get great fitness advice online for free from a number of different sources. And with fitness advice, you can get a lot of free advice on diet and healthy eating programs that can help you replace energy drinks and store-bought protein shakes with cheaper, healthier homemade options.
Getting in shape can be hard. It requires determination and consistency. But it doesn’t require a lot of money—if you do it right. You can get in shape using free resources and items that you already have around the house. And when you get in shape, you’ll be even happier knowing that you did it without having to pay an arm and a leg for a gym membership.
Gunter Jameson writes about several topics including travel, minimalism and Online Classes.
Posted by Sudeep
Articles on Weight-Loss that Readers Enjoy :