“Marjarasana” also called as Cat pose is name again because of the way a cat stretches. In today pose we would stretch same as the animal cal stretches. The word “Marjar” means Cat in Sanskrit thus the name of the pose as “Marjarasana”.
How to do this pose:
- To start this pose one need to be on both hands and both knees pose. The pose looks like a flat table top created due to our back. Make sure you thighs are perpendicular to the hips.
- Inhale in and slowly lift your spine up, towards the ceiling. Press you stomach inside as much as possible to give the maximum lift.
- Form a nice curve in that way of your spine from the lower part of the neck to the waist area.
- Exhale and come back to the start pose of being in the table top pose.
- Continue doing this pose for some time. Although this pose is commonly done with another pose named as Cow pose.
- Make sure one does not have any issues with the spine. It is advisable for those having trouble with spine take expert opinion before and when doing this pose.
- When one life the spine towards the ceiling make sure one does not lift the either of the palms and the knees from the floor.
- Stretches and work on the back torso.
- Helps lot to those who suffer with lower back issues. People those who sit for long time or those who drive a lot would benefit if this pose is done.
- Stimulates the belly and all the inner abdominal organs.
Its known work is one the Manipur chakra or the solar plexus.
Posted by Sudeep
Related post :